For all orchestra students, the Orchestra Retreat will be a weekend opportunity to come together, make music, and build community. Friday and Saturday time will be spent together and in various breakouts with coaches and activities and culminate in a concert performed at Seward Park Amphitheater Sunday evening.
A separate email will be sent by FOGO with details for the Sunday performance next week so please be sure to have completed your contact information (https://forms.gle/tyU5bDqUnANQjRF26), if you have not already done so!
Students will have received a flyer in class this week with details and the following tentative schedule:
Friday, September 24 4:00PM-6:30PM at Garfield High School
- 4-4:15 – Meet in Room 219
- 4:15-5:15 – Section Activity
- 5:30-6:30 – Rehearsals: Symphony in 219, Freshman and Concert in QJPAC
Saturday, September 25 10:30AM-4:30PM at Garfield High School (1 hour break for lunch)
- 10:30-11:30 – Rehearsals: Symphony in 219, Freshman and Concert in QJPAC
- 11:30-12:30 – Group Activity
- 12:30-1:30 – Lunch on your own
- 1:30 – 2:15 – Sectionals with Coaches
- 2:30-3:30 – Rehearsals: Symphony in 219, Freshman and Concert in QJPAC
- 3:30 – 4:30 – T-shirt designing
Sunday, September 26 4:00PM-7:00PM at Seward Park
- 4-5 – Capture the Flag
- 5-6 – Bahn mi dinner and concert set-up
- 6p – Perform at Seward Park Amphitheater (Concert Attire: Jeans and T-Shirts (freshly designed yesterday!)
Please note that while students are encouraged to attend and participate in all or some of the dates/times but it is voluntary and not part of a student’s grade. Additionally, Seattle Public Schools health and safety procedures and guidelines will be followed.