Happy New Year!
The orchestras are back in full swing and we are preparing for the Winter Waltz on Sunday, January 14th at Benaroya Hall. Please be sure to get your tickets if you have not already! They are available here: https://garfieldorchestra.org/product/winter-waltz/ for conveniently printing at home or storing on your phone. You may also purchase at the door if needed.
To get us all ready to dance the night away to beautiful waltzes performed by our terrific Garfield orchestras, we have waltz lessons for adults during the student night rehearsals next week. We are fortunate to be taught by professionals from Century Ballroom here in Seattle. Adult dance lessons will be offered at these times:
1. Monday, January 8th at 6-7:30 and 7:30-9 pm ( for parents dropping off and picking up for X & Y Orchestra rehearsals) in the GHS Commons.
2. Tuesday, January 9th 6:30-8 pm (for parents dropping off and picking up for Z orchestra rehearsal) in the GHS Commons.
– Students know which group they are in so please coordinate with them.
Students in B & C orchestras will have dance lessons with Dean Paton from Century Ballroom during the school day next week (C orchestra on Wed, Jan 10th during 1st period and B Orchestra on Thurs. Jan 11th during 2nd period). The A orchestra will not have lessons during the school day, but we encourage them to join the adult lessons when they are *not* in night rehearsal – the more students, the merrier!
A Waltz is even more festive with masquerade masks – please bring a mask if you have one. They are available at costume stores and on line. Here is a link to Amazon as an example: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_1?fst=p90x%3A1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Amasquerade+mask&keywords=masquerade+mask&ie=UTF8&qid=1515097610
Finally, we are seeking volunteers on the day of and during the event and appreciate anything you can do for these requests:
– Snacks: Please keep an eye out for signup sheets to bring easy-to-eat snacks for our orchestra players who will arrive having eaten dinner, but will work up an appetite with all that playing and dancing. FOGO will provide some hearty snacks, but additional fruit, etc, will be helpful.
– Costco pickup: We need 1 volunteer to pick up platters of food and some dry snacks at Costco on the day of the event (late morning or mid-afternoon). The volunteer will need a car, Costco and credit card, but FOGO will reimburse for all items in a timely manner.
– Event table volunteers: We need several on-site volunteers to check in ticket-holders, and a few to help at the raffle table and photo booth during easy 30-minute shifts. Please email either of us if you are available to help during the event and please feel free to reach out to friends. We may also send out a sign-up sheet with shift times so please be on the lookout for that.
Thank you for considering helping us!
Looking forward to seeing you (masked or not), at the Waltz. Please contact us with any questions or if you can volunteer!
Carolyn Morikawa (firstname.lastname@example.org) & Eve Gordon Anderson (email@example.com), Winter Waltz Co-Chairs